A Twenty-Five Year Old Bouncer at A Highly Visited Nightclub Learns Why Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms and Signs are So Indispensable and Bolsters His Self Esteem by Wanting To Learn How These Signs and Symptoms Can Save A Person’s Life
Just two weeks ago, Frank applied for a position as a bouncer at one of the local discotheques. He had studied aikido, ninjitsu, judo, gatka, and karate for twelve years; he was a body builder; he took daily minerals, supplements, and vitamins; he was into health foods and healthy eating; and he seemed well matched for such a job. In fact, since he was concerned about his health, he started drinking in moderation around four years ago because he didn’t want to experience any negative alcohol effects on the body.
When Frank received notification that he had been selected for the job, he was exceedingly satisfied. Due to the fact that this was an exclusive nightspot, nonetheless, he had to go through a six week instructional class.
Individuals At Nightclubs Who Drink In an Abusive Manner and Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms and Signs
On the first day of class, the teacher started talking about drinkers who drink abusively and exhibit problem drinking and what the bartenders, barmaids, and bouncers should do when this state of affairs arises. When the teacher started talking about alcohol poisoning, Frank was delighted to find out that all of the new bartenders, bouncers, and barmaids were required to learn about alcohol poisoning and what they should do when they witnessed a drinker who was exhibiting some of the symptoms of alcohol poisoning.
More exactly, all the new bouncers, barmaids, and bartenders learned that vomiting and nausea were almost always the first alcohol poisoning signs and that unconsciousness was perchance the most highly noticeable alcohol poisoning symptom or sign. The lecturer also made it a point to stress the fact that alcohol poisoning symptoms were signals from the body and from the brain that the person has consumed more alcohol than his or her body can process.
There were, nevertheless, more than a few other symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning that all the new bartenders, barmaids, and bouncers were taught to be familiar with. For example, the class members discovered that drinkers who suffer from alcohol poisoning often have seizures, exhibit poor reflex responses, are difficult to awaken, and they exhibit confusion.
What is more, the members of the class were made aware that many individuals who have alcohol poisoning also exhibit little response from painful stimuli, for instance from pinching; slow, shallow or irregular breathing; blue tinged or pale skin; and slurred speech.
In addition, individuals who suffer from alcohol poisoning frequently pass out, they usually feel very ill and exhibit excessive vomiting, they often display erratic behavior, and they exhibit an inability to make eye contact or sustain a conversation.
A Trainer Give Details Why An Alcohol Overdose is Not Inevitably Suffered Only by Individuals Who Are Alcohol Dependent
The lecturer then clarified the point that an alcohol overdose is not necessarily experienced only by individuals who are addicted to alcohol.
More specifically, the trainer told the members of the class that most cases of alcohol poisoning were probably experienced by alcohol abusers and that a particular kind of abusive drinking called “binge drinking” was perhaps the main precipitating factor in most cases of alcohol poisoning. The instructor then defined binge drinking as follows: consuming five or more alcoholic drinks at one sitting for males and drinking four or more alcoholic beverages at one sitting for females.
To illustrate the impact that binge drinking has on alcohol poisoning, the teacher explained to the class members that a drinker who gets smashed just once or twice every year, is by definition engaging in abusive drinking, is most likely not an alcohol dependent person, but is in all likelihood engaging in binge drinking. As declared by the lecturer, engaging in binge drinking even once, regrettably, can lead to alcohol poisoning that in some circumstances can be fatal.
The Trainer Give Details Why Letting A Drinker With an Alcohol Overdose Sleep is Not A Suitable Plan of Action
One of the class members raised her hand and asked the lecturer if it is a good idea to let a person with alcohol poisoning “sleep it off.” The trainer stressed the point that letting an individual with alcohol poisoning sleep is exactly what should not be done because doing so places the drinker at risk due to the fact that he or she is no longer being observed. What is more, letting the person sleep when he or she experiences alcohol poisoning is an incorrect response because the individual may never awaken.
The lecturer then told the members of the class that the most fitting response for alcohol poisoning is the following: if it is suspected that a person has alcohol poisoning, call 911 and ask for immediate medical assistance, even if the drinker is underage. By taking this plan of action, the drinker will get the prompt alcohol poisoning treatment he or she needs.
After learning about alcohol poisoning and especially about the signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning, it may be noted, Frank augmented his self esteem by wanting to learn even more essential information about these signs and symptoms that might save a person’s life down the road. Indeed, Frank learned that knowledge of the common alcohol poisoning signs and symptoms and knowing how to properly and quickly react to such symptoms and signs (by promptly calling 911 and asking for emergency medical assistance) can help a drinker avoid a fatal alcohol overdose.
Tagged with: abusive drinking • alcohol abuse • alcohol overdose • alcohol poisoning symptoms • binge drinking • education • inspiration • motivation • positive attitude • quit drinking alcohol • self esteem • signs of alcohol poisoning • training
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!